Thursday, January 24, 2008

Me and the Wee-Bean

Yes, he is as surprised as I am. At what? Neither of us can say. Maybe daddy is going to land on "Free Parking"!!

I've now been home from my temporary partrol aboard the CGC Dependable for one month. Micaiah is no longer wondering, "Who is this guy and what is he doing with my Mommy?" He's gotten use to having me around and I enjoy spending time with him. Taking him off of Dianna's hands and feeding him his bottle. Dianna says I am good at feeding him and rocking him to sleep. He loves to play on his blanket and bouncing in his chair. I can't believe how much he "talks" and coos. I'm sure all of you readers have heard before, but I don't mind saying again, being a parent for your own child is a complete difference than being a foster parent. Dianna and I have notified DYFS that we are now "Open for business." So bring on the little ones.
I suppose if there is any excitement with being a Foster parent, it comes with wondering who the next child will be, what difference we can make in their lives and, the day they are reunited with their family or loved ones. Dianna and I keep in touch with our friend/case-worker who keeps us up-to-date with previous children we've fostered.
We don't know what will happen after we move from Cape May. Hopefully we can continue foster care the next place we move. Being in the Coast Guard doesn't really make it easy to do either, not knowing where we'll move next or what the housing situation wil be like. We would like to have more children of our own, and we would rather adopt than foster. But all of this we leave in God's hands.

3 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

You have a good heart Jordan. Your love for children is such a gift. What a blessing you will be to Micaiah (and future children) and all the foster kids that come and go into your lives. God bless you and your willingness to makes children's lives better.
Love, Tante Karen

Dianna said...

Hi Sweetheart!
I swell with pride everytime I see you with the little guy. You are the most wonderful father to him. I love you. And you are doing such a fantastic job with him! love your Beautiful!

DANCING THROUGH LIFE said...

Jodan you are such a great Daddy.

Im so proud of You.




emily = p