Thursday, January 24, 2008

A State of Family Emergency!!



This is an older picture of my wonderful family.


I love my family, my Father and my Mother, my Sister and especially my Dianna.


We have always been close and we have always been there for each other, even when we are far apart.


One would be niave to think that the greatest times in one's life last forever. With time, there is change. Hopefully good but not always. I guess you get used to having a wonderful family and you get used to Christmas together and you take for granted parents that love each other and stay married for the rest of their lives. You never think twice about anything other than love and fun in your family. All the great times you shared together and expecting nothing less in the years to come.


Your reality is set for the rest of your life. Or so one thinks. You could never think that your reality might change. Hah, no, not you. But when you receive news that perhaps your reality just might change and take a turn down a road you never thought you'd be confronted with, well, that just changes everything now. I will never not love my family. Forgiveness and love are what hold a family together. A family is made from God. He puts people together to love each other and support each other and raise a family.

Yet more importantly than any of these things, I believe, God puts a family together to combat the Evil One. Yes, Satan. He would like nothing better than to tare apart a family that serves God. As you may know, where two or more are gathered in my (God) name, there I (God) am in their mitst. A family centered on God is a powerful tool against Satan, and he knows this.

I wish I could have seen the problems hidden behind smiles before they came out to put a frown on everyones face. I know that families have problems. I know that. With my whole heart, I know that. Is it the distance that slows communication? Was I kept out of the loop? Was someone too afraid to say "Hey we have a problem and we need your help and prayers."

Maybe that would have helped or at least stalled time. But there's no point in the "what ifs."

I just want you, the reader, to know that my family needs your prayers. They are the greatest family I know and I wouldn't trade them or any time in my life with them for anything else in this world. I am not upset and I do not despise nor hold any ill feelings.

I love you Mom and Dad. My life is what it is today because of all the hard work you put into me over the years. So I thank you. Thank you for your love and support, for teaching me at home and supporting my decisions in life.

So whatever happens from this point on, only God knows. I know that I can say, believing, that God is in control. He loves me and my family. I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

That's all that matters. Love matters.


8 comments:

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Jordan, I'm very sorry to hear that you're hurting and going through a rough time. Yes, Satan, does attack, doesn't he? You are so grounded Jordan and you know that God IS in control. Sometimes, it is hard to wait on His timeline for answers. Please know that our prayers of peace for you and your family are being said.
We love you, Tante Karen and family

sugarnuggets said...

Sometimes it is hard to make sense of "reality" and what you thought it would be. Not everything that happens is the way God planned it to be, but HE works it out for HIS purposes and He will continue to pour out His blessings on your family...whatever shape it has.
So...strength and blessings for each day. And just take it one day at a time.
You are His Beloved and He holds you in the palm of His Almighty hand. You can rest there.
Hang in there, love you both (all right...all three of you!), Tante Tetcy

Matt n Amanda said...

hey!
Love and prayers to you! Sounds like things are going great with the little guy. Dianna is right you are awesome with him. Don't give up keep on keepin on big brother. Hope things look up soon.
Love Matt and Amanda

The Nieuwhofs said...

You have been going trough a rough time for a while now. I am glad that you were able to put it into words and let the rest of us, friends and family, be part of your hurting. I have, and continue, to pray for all of you guys. Life is not always downhill and easy. I am always glad that I can be assured that my God walks beside me during those times as well as the good times. May God heal the wounds in your life as well as in your Mom, Dad and your sister's life.
With all my heart, DAD

Julie said...

Beanie,
Thanks for sharing your heart.
I know I have not always shared mine, but it's hard to tell your children the hard stuff.
You and Chowdie are the best kids anyone could have asked for.
I know I raised you right, because of how you're feeling right now. Your heart is breaking because you believe what I always taught you about family and marriage and God's ability to touch and heal.
I have no answers for you right now. I ask that you love me through the times when your understanding is put to the test.
I ask that you forgive me for not letting you know my pain sooner.
I hope that we will have some time together during my visit next month, and that you will be able to hear what I have to say without anger or recrimination.

Guard your marriage, my little man. Open your heart to your wife and never stop pouring into her. I raised you to be the best husband. God has honored that.

I love you.
Mom

Tim Michael said...

Jordan, I wish I had some wise words for you, but you are infinitely blessed to be surrounded by family and friends who share our faith in Almighty God, who uses the worst circumstances to his glory. It can all sound like an empty platitude, I know, but what is the alternative? More, "deeper" emptiness, I should think. From the way you have written about this (and bless you for writing about it so bravely, clearly, and fairly), it seems as if God has blessed you with a peace and wisdom that many can only imagine. Kathy and I pray that you will continue to rest in God's strength, and that there will be healing all around. Hang in there, man!

Tineke Aaron and Cassie said...

Hey Jordan
I'm thinking of you and praying for you, I know that it is a hard issue, my kids are dealing with the same thing, although at a much younger age.
Just letting you know we're always here for you.
Love you.Tante Tineke

Ditsy Di said...

Jordan, our family is praying for your's!